Beep Boop! Join Lucy Sparkles & Friends for a fun and imaginative Robot themed dance and drama workshop for October Mini-Minties. Children will be encouraged to engage their imaginations as they are taken on an adventure to Story Land where they will dance and make up stories. There will also be a fun Robot themed craft activity!
We are delighted to be able to welcome back our Mini-Minties to the Royal Australian Mint (even though it may look a little different to what it did before). As the safety of staff and visitors is our primary concern, additional measures will be in place to ensure that the program is held in a safe manner and are in compliance with current COVID-19 restrictions.
Please read carefully through the below information before booking a session for your child:
• Children and supervisors will be required to sanitise their hands before and after entering the Mint & the Education Room.
• Children and supervisors will be required to maintain a distance of 1.5m between other participants and facilitators at all times.
• Supervisors will need to register their names for contact tracing when entering the Mint.
• No food or drink will be allowed in the Education Room. We will give supervisors their free coffee coupon to use at the café at the end of the session.
• Due to limited space in the Education Room, only ONE child and their supervisor will be able to attend the session. Additional siblings will cause us to go over the number of people allowed in the Education Room. We apologise for any inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding as we endeavour to keep our visitors and staff safe.
If you or the child attending are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms prior to the session, we ask that you contact us or cancel your booking through Eventbrite.
Due to the limited spaces available, we are running two Robots sessions with Lucy Sparkles and Friends. Please see dates and times below.
When: Friday 2 October - 10.30am to 11.15am
Wednesday 7 October - 10.30am to 11.15am
Cost: $10 (plus booking fee). Ticket includes one adult and one child.
Where: Education Room, Royal Australian Mint.
All children must be accompanied by an adult and bookings are essential. This program is aimed at children aged 4-6.
To make a booking, please click here.
Join us at the Royal Australian Mint to discover some of the enduring stories from the Australian Gold Rush era in a temporary display titled, ‘Eureka! Stories from the Goldfields’.
The display explores the characters, objects and stories that inspired the 2020 Mintmark product suite.
Location: Royal Australian Mint, Visitor Gallery
Dates: August 2020 – December 2020
Treasures of the National Coin Collection
Royal Australian Mint
Entry is FREE
See some of the most treasured coins from the National Coin Collection on display in our Treasures of the National Coin Collection exhibition. Coins have long been associated with precious treasure but some coins are more precious than most. A coin can be treasured for its rarity, value, beauty or craftsmanship. Even a coin with an unusual error can become especially valuable to collectors. With a 1930 penny, 1 kilogram gold coin and the famous “kookaburra” pennies, the coins in this exhibition are among the rarest, most valuable and most extraordinary coins in Australia.