Click here to see our 2021 Winter Program Calendar
Celebrate your artistic flair at the Royal Australian Mint, and step into the shoes of a coin designer!
About this event
Come along to learn how and why we make special coins. Design and create your own mosaic masterpiece, in the shape of a coin!
We are delighted to be able to welcome back our Mini-Minties to the Royal Australian Mint (even though it may look a little different to what it did before). As the safety of staff and visitors is our primary concern, additional measures will be in place to ensure that the program is held in a safe manner and are in compliance with current COVID-19 restrictions.
Please read carefully through the below information before booking a session for your child:
• Children and supervisors will be required to sanitise their hands before and after entering the Mint & the Education Room.
• Children and supervisors will be required to maintain a distance of 1.5m between other participants and facilitators at all times.
• Supervisors will need to register their names for contact tracing when entering the Mint.
• No food or drink will be allowed in the Education Room. We will give supervisors their free coffee coupon to use at the café at the end of the session.
• Due to limited space in the Education Room, only ONE child and their supervisor will be able to attend the session. Additional siblings will cause us to go over the number of people allowed in the Education Room. We apologise for any inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding as we endeavour to keep our visitors and staff safe.
If you or the child attending are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms prior to the session, we ask that you contact us or cancel your booking through Eventbrite.
When: Friday, 6th of August
Time: 10.30am to 11.15am.
Cost: $10 (plus booking fee). Ticket includes one adult and one child.
Where: Education Room, Royal Australian Mint.
All children must be accompanied by an adult and bookings are essential. This program is aimed at children aged 4-6.
Please click here to purchase tickets.
A Century of Air Power
On display until October 2021
Royal Australian Mint
Coinciding with the Royal Australian Air Force Centenary and the Mint’s release of the 2021 50c Coloured Coin Commemorative Set, this display shares objects that showcase some of the stories and traditions to emerge from the Air Force, honouring those that have and continue to serve.
Treasures of the National Coin Collection
Royal Australian Mint
See some of the most treasured coins from the National Coin Collection on display in our Treasures of the National Coin Collection exhibition. Coins have long been associated with precious treasure but some coins are more precious than most. A coin can be treasured for its rarity, value, beauty or craftsmanship. Even a coin with an unusual error can become especially valuable to collectors. With a 1930 penny, 1 kilogram gold coin and the famous “kookaburra” pennies, the coins in this exhibition are among the rarest, most valuable and most extraordinary coins in Australia.