Mon-Fri: 8.30 am to 5 pm
Sat, Sun and Public Holidays: 10 am to 4 pm
The Mint is closed on Christmas Day and Good Friday.
Entry is FREE
For any enquiries please contact 02 6202 6999 or email email@example.com.
Royal Australian Mint Visitor Guidelines
We kindly ask that all visitors observe the following guidelines which will ensure the preservation of the National Coin Collection and an enjoyable experience for all visitors.
- No eating or drinking in the exhibition area
- Wear footwear at all times
- No scooters or bicycles in the exhibition area
- Exhibition displays must not be touched
- Do not leave any bags or personal possessions unattended. Visitors, particularly students, are encouraged to leave bags and personal items on their safely secured coach service as The Mint does not have a secure storage area for visitor belongings. The Mint is not liable for the loss or damage of these items.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that does not disrupt or offend other persons on the Mint premises, including other visitors, staff members, contractors or volunteers. The venue reserves the right to refuse entry to visitors who do not comply with these guidelines.
- Comply with all instructions from Mint staff and signage that has been put in place
- Ensure children under the age of 15 are supervised at all times. Teachers or guardians are responsible for the children’s welfare and conduct.
- Cameras and recording devices are permitted in the exhibitions area. However, photographs and videos must not contain images of children without their parent/guardian’s consent or be commercially reproduced. This is also applicable during programs run by the Mint.
- It is against Government regulation to smoke tobacco or nicotine vapours within 10 metres of any entry or exit of these premises. Do not enter under the influence of or bring onto the premises alcohol or illicit drugs
Some tips to consider prior to your visit:
- The Royal Australian Mint has a small number of wheelchairs available on site should you require them. Please enquire at the welcome desk or call 6202 6900 prior to your visit
- Check our website or social media for any events, exhibitions or programs that are running and may require a booking to avoid disappointment
- Check the public tour times for the day you are visiting on our website - public tours are always free!
- Contact the Mint in advance if you have a group or school that requires a tour booking: www.ramint.gov.au/school-and-group-bookings
- Note that all lost property will be given to the security desk. To ask about lost property, please enquire at the welcome desk or call 6202 6900
We hope you enjoy your visit!