The manufacturing efforts of the Royal Australian Mint are supported by the Toolroom which is equipped with a range of the latest computer controlled machine tools.
Toolroom staff are all experts in their respective fields and as a team offer one of the most advanced manufacturing services available in Australia.
We specialise in manufacturing components and equipment used in the production of coining tooling, press tooling, spare parts and jigs and fixtures necessary for effective and efficient manufacture.
We are keen supporters of apprentice training and undertake cross-training of staff to ensure expertise across all areas.
Our range of machine tools and capabilities include:-
- Computer controlled 3 and 4 axis machining centres with a capacity of 1000mm x 500mm x 500mm
- Computer controlled 3 axis turning centres with a capacity of 240mm diameter x 420mm long.
- Computer controlled wire electric discharge machines with a capacity of 400mm x 300mm x 250mm.
- A fully equipped precision grinding shop
- A range of manually controlled machine tools
- Micro engraving machines
- Laser marking
- Heat treatment furnaces and facilities
- PVD Surface coating facilities
- Inspection and metrology services
Whilst the prime purpose of the Toolroom is to support circulating and numismatic manufacture, we are happy to undertake commission work and have completed many projects for external clients. See below images showcasing our machinery and completed projects.
|CNC machined and ground parts||CNC machining centre||Group of large CNC machined components|
|Component being inspected after machining||Coining die being aligned prior to machining||Die blanks being ground|
|Large size CNC machining centre||Large components CNC machined||Medium size CNC turning centre|
|Steel shaft manually turned||Unique component geometry machined on CNC machining centre|
If you have machining work that you would like us to quote on please contact the Toolroom.