Coins are fascinating. Not only can we use them to buy stuff, but they can also be collected. Australian coins have an interesting history. All of Australia's circulating coins are made at the Royal Australian Mint in Canberra, and have been since it opened in 1965.
In this section of the website you will find:
- 'Australian Coins' fact sheets.
- 'Just for Fun' activities to download and complete.
- Cool collecting information.
- Fun interactives:
- 'Investigating Australian Coins' Board Game
- 'Our Coin History' Multiple Choice Quiz
- 'How our coins are made' Drage and Drop
- The solutions to the activities in the 'My Visit to the Mint' book (which you can collect and complete if you are lucky enough to visit the Mint during your school holidays).