Gallery tours resuming from Monday 28 September 2020, restrictions apply
Our free tours are back!
We are delighted to re-launch our free public tours at the Royal Australian Mint from Monday 28 September 2020
As the safety of staff and visitors is our primary concern, additional measures will be in place to ensure these tours are held in a safe manner and are in compliance with current COVID-19 restrictions.
Please carefully read through the below information:
- Tour numbers are restricted to 20 participants maximum
- Tours must be pre-booked via our Eventbrite listings (Please click here for the Eventbrite link)
- Visitors are requested to arrive 10 minutes before their tour time
- Visitors will need to register their names for contact tracing when entering the Mint
- Physical distancing is required within the tour group, maintaining a 1.5m distance between Hosts and other participants at all times
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms prior to the session, we ask that you contact us or cancel your booking through Eventbrite.
Due to the limited tour sizes, the Mint will be holding additional sessions for the duration of the school holiday period:
10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
Weekends and Public Holidays
11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
Walk-ins for tours will only be accepted if there is space within the 20 participant restriction. Please book a tour here with Eventbrite in advance in order to not miss out.
There is no requirement to book for a self-guided visit, however occupancy limits do apply to the different areas of the Mint. Please ask staff for clarification if you are unsure.
On the tour, you will hear some interesting stories about the history of coins in Australia and look out over the factory while you learn how coins are made.
For any enquires regarding additional tours contact 02 6202 6999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a school or special interest group interested in booking a private tour, please see our School and Group Bookings.