From Monday 22 June 2020 the Mint will open access to the Mint's gallery, shop and café to members of the public following advice from the ACT Government and the Chief Medical Officer.
The Mint will be open 7 days a week, from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm, with a maximum capacity of 80 visitors allowed in the visitor gallery. Requirements in the Mint Shop and Cafe will allow 1 person per 4 square meters.
Gallery tours are currently still suspended until further notice.
Our Visitor Experience team will assist with entry conditions and safety requirements, we kindly ask for your patience and understanding.
The following safety measures are a condition of entry to the Mint, we kindly request that all visitors:
- Maintain social distancing at all times.
- Utilise the sanitiser stations placed conveniently throughout the Mint.
- Limit their visit to 90 minutes if possible, and limit use of the coin press to 30 minutes.
- Upon entry to the upstairs gallery, provide their first name and a contact number. These details will only be used should contact tracing be required.
To ensure the health and well-being of our visitors and staff we are also putting additional safety measures in place:
- Additional cleaning of the shop, café and gallery including high-traffic areas and high-touch items
- Movement through the gallery will follow a single direction, we ask that you keep to this visitor flow
- Entry and exit is only via the main entrance
For the health and safety of staff and visitors, any visitor/s showing signs of illness or failing to abide by these measures will be refused entry.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Australian Mint.