We are delighted to continue our free public tours in 2021
As the safety of staff and visitors is our primary concern, additional measures will be in place to ensure these tours are held in a safe manner and are in compliance with current COVID-19 restrictions.
Please carefully read through the below information:
- Tour numbers are restricted to 30 participants maximum.
- Tours must be pre-booked via our Eventbrite listings (Please click here for 2021 tours)
- Visitors are requested to arrive 10 minutes before their tour time.
- Visitors will need to register their names for contact tracing when entering the Mint.
- Physical distancing is required within the tour group, maintaining a 1.5m distance between Hosts and other participants/groups at all times.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms prior to the session, we ask that you contact us or cancel your booking through Eventbrite. If you have recently been in a COVID-19 identified hotspot as per ACT Health we ask that you do not visit at this time and contact the ACT Health COVID-19 team on 02 6207 7244 for current quarantine requirements.
Due to the limited tour sizes, the Mint will be holding additional public tour sessions:
10am, 11am, 2pm
Weekends and Public Holidays
11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
Walk-ins for tours will only be accepted if there is space within the 30 participant restriction. Please book a tour in advance in order to not miss out.
There is no requirement to book for a self-guided visit, however occupancy limits do apply to the different areas of the Mint. Please ask staff for clarification if you are unsure.
On the tour, you will hear some interesting stories about the history of coins in Australia and look out over the factory while you learn how coins are made.
For any enquires regarding additional tours contact 02 6202 6999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a school or special interest group interested in booking a private tour, please see our School and Group Bookings page.