The Mint's logos (including, without limitation, the Mint Plain Text Logo or the Mint name) must not be used without prior written permission from the Mint. Permission to use the logos may or may not be granted by the Mint and is subject to any conditions the Mint deems fit.
Any approved use of the Mint Plain Text Logo and/or reference to the Mint on packaging and associated material (including without limitation, merchandising, marketing and promotional material) created by or on behalf of the applicant must comply with the following restrictions:
- The Mint Plain Text Logo must be used strictly as set out in the Mint Plain Text Logo Guidelines (see below);
- All references to the Mint refer to the Mint by its full trading name 'The Royal Australian Mint'; and
- Any restrictions imposed by the Mint in giving its prior written approval for use of the Mint Plain Text Logo or the Mint name.
In particular, the Mint's name, the Mint Plain Text Logo or any other material that is the subject of Intellectual Property Rights of the Mint must not be used without the prior written approval of the Mint:
- On any clothing or similar items (no matter how described);
- In any manner that is likely to deceive or cause confusion in trade or jeopardise the exclusivity, distinctiveness or validity of the Mint name, the Mint Plain Text Logo or Material that is the subject of any Intellectual Property Rights of the Mint; or
- In combination with any marks or endorsements of any third party;
- In connection with combination sales, premiums, give-aways, or promotional goods or to be disposed of under any similar method of merchandising.
Coin products using the Mint's name, the Mint Plain Text Logo or Material that is the subject of any other Intellectual Property Rights of the Mint must not be sold or used for, or in combination sales, as premiums, give-aways, or promotional goods or be disposed of under any similar method of merchandising, without the prior written approval of the Mint, which approval may or may not be granted in the Mint's absolute discretion.
Without the prior written approval of the Mint, applicants must not:
- Provide or make available to any person; or
- Grant any sub-licence or distribution rights to any person in respect of,
the associated material which uses the Mint's name or any of the Mint's logos (including the Mint's Plain Text Logo) or any other material the subject of Intellectual Property Rights of the Mint.
Coin designs must only be used in promotional material used to promote the coins. No coin design or mint material the subject of Intellectual Property Rights of the Mint may be used, reproduced, modified or exploited in any way without the prior written permission of the Mint.
Quality of Coin Products and Associated Material
The quality of the coin products and all associated material (including stationery, advertising and promotional material relating to the coins) must conform to the standards which may be advised by the Mint. The Mint must provide reasonable notice of any change in the standards.
Final Approval by the Mint
If requested by the Mint, applicants will facilitate final approval by the Mint of all coin products, packaging and associated material that bear or use the Mint's name, any of the Mint's logos or Commonwealth Intellectual Property.