Frequently Asked Recruitment Questions

How do I apply for a job?

You must process your application through the Mint’s e-recruitment system. The requirements of each application process will differ, but we recommend you review all material prior to submitting your application.

What happens after I apply?

After the closing date, the Selection Advisory Committee will commence assessing applications. If you are selected for further assessment, such as an interview, you will be contacted by the Mint.

If I am selected for an interview, what should I bring?

Unless otherwise stated, you only need to bring yourself to an interview.

However, it is good to be prepared for your interview. Preparing might include researching the Mint or bringing in a copy of your application.

Will my referees be contacted?

Referees may be contacted at any stage of the recruitment process, and may be asked to provide a verbal or written report.

You will most likely be notified prior to the Mint contacting your referee.

If there are sensitivities about contacting your referee, please let us know in your application.

Will I be notified of the outcome of the process?

If you have applied for a particular position, you will be notified of the outcome by the Mint, whether you are successful or unsuccessful. If you have applied for the Temporary Employment Register, you will only be contacted if you are invited to apply for a vacancy.

Please be aware that some recruitment processes are lengthy, and it may be some time before you hear from us.

What do I do if I have issues with the e-recruitment portal or submitting my application?

If you have any problems, you should contact as early as possible.

What do I do if I want to learn more about the position?

If you have any question specific to the position or the application process, you should contact the Contact Officer, whose details are provided in the position description.

What do I do if I’ve missed the closing date?

Late applications are generally not accepted.

How is my information protected?

All information provided by you is collected to assist the Mint to determine your suitability for vacant position. It is used in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

What is the Temporary Employment Register?

The Temporary Employment Register is a database of individuals interested in working at the Mint. When the Mint has a temporary vacancy, we might contact individuals who are signed up on the register.

How do I apply for the Register?

You can click here to submit your details to the Register.

As part of the application you will upload your resume and provide information about the type of work you are most interested in.

Will I stay on the Register forever?

No, the Register is renewed every six months or so. If you remain interested in temporary vacancies with the Mint, you will need to reapply after the register expires.

Do I need to be an Australian citizen to work at the Mint?

To work in the Australian Public Service you are required to be an Australian citizen, with some exceptions subject to approval on a case by case basis.

Will I need to undertake a medical assessment?

In some positions, you will be required to undertake a medical assessment, as part of the pre-employment checks, prior to receiving a letter of offer from the Mint.

How long will the police record check take?

Police record checks can take between 2-4 weeks to come back. However, this may vary depending on factors outside the Mint’s control.