- The Royal Australian Mint's limited mintage sales policy applies to any numismatic product sold with a set mintage of or less than 2000.
- The distribution of numismatic products will be determined on the release date of the numismatic product, based on when orders are received by the Royal Australian Mint.
- Each of the Royal Australian Mint's sales channels (fax, mail, online, phone, mint shop) will have an allocation commensurate with the percentage of total sales for that channel.
- Sales will be restricted to one (1) numismatic product per customer.
The Mint Issue for 2008 will be released on the following dates: 4/02/08, 5/05/08, 7/07/08, 1/09/08 and November still to be confirmed.
The winner of 2007 Rolf Harris Great Australian Artist Competition, Mr Terry Hincks has returned from his trip on the Ghan. Mr Hincks was the winner of:
- A trip for four people on the Ghan,
- $1000 Qantas travel voucher; and
- 4 x $100 RM Williams vouchers.
Mr Hincks described his Ghan experience as a "trip of a lifetime", telling the Royal Australian Mint on his return that "everybody should do it, it was absolutely amazing".
The brand new range of 2008 collector coins shined in a special Mint movie premiere at the Royal Australian Mint on Wednesday 31 October. The evening included red carpet interviews with Hollywood style reporters, popcorn, Malteasers and of course the stars of the evening, the 2008 product range.
The Royal Australian Mint is pleased to announce that the 2008 Great Australian Artist Kangaroo Series Competition has commenced!
HOW TO ENTER
To enter SPEND $100 or more, in one transaction, on any coin products from the 2008 Great Australian Artist Kangaroo Series designed by Reg Mombassa direct from the Royal Australian Mint (online, mail order, telephone, Deakin retail shop, and trade show exhibits.) before Monday 31 March 2008 and automatically go into the draw for a chance to WIN the following prize pack:
The Royal Australian Mint will release a number of new and exciting products in the upcoming September edition of Mint Issue.
The range of coins and numismatic products to be released on 3rd September 2007 include:
The Royal Australian Mint attended the 2007 American Numismatic Association (ANA) World's Fair of Money from August 8-12 2007.
Over the 4.5 day show, over 10,000 people visited the Mid West Airlines Centre in Milwaukee to see 19 exhibiting world mints and over 1400 dealers.
With the price of silver rising significantly over the past year, a decision was made to produce the 2007 $1 Kangaroo Frosted Uncirculated Coin in cupro nickel. The Mint was also commissioned to produce a corporate order of 2007 $1 Kangaroo Frosted Uncirculated coins in silver. This created some confusion amongst collectors as to the exact make up of the 2007 Great Australian Artist Series.